Welcome back good shoe folk and here we are getting ready for our very first stand-alone Chocolate Studios Open House 20 -22 September as part of the Shoreditch Design Triangle during the London Design Festival and Open House London.
Established in 2008 as a vehicle for the designers, companies and institutions situated in the East End to collaborate on the promotion of their activities during the London Design Festival, Shoreditch Design Triangle has steadily grown to now comprise over 60 different independent events, making it the largest official Design District of the London Design Festival.
Here at Chocolate Studios we're:
- Running a special Introduction to Leather workshop on Friday 20th September to make a card case or key fob - sign up here
- Showing off our new bespoke showroom
- Showcasing how we design our shoes; the research, references and ideas
- Hosting a drop-in recycling workshop throughout the weekend where you can come to make a leather cuff using leather off-cuts
- And of course, demonstrating the shoemaking craft
As you can see from this map there's a host of activities on all week. Highlights for us include:
- Broadgate's installation Please Be Seated
- SCP's The Landscape of Symbols; an exhibition of products from Finnish manufacturer Iittala alongside Philippe Malouin, Matthew Hilton, Donna Wilson, David Weeks, Faudet-Harrison and Sarah Kay.
- Cubitts latest spectacle temptation the Crofters frame...time to add yet more pairs of specs to the Carreducker collection!
- (It might be just the name that appeals) Hide, Artform's new collection of apartments hidden behind Hackney Road
- Ella Doran's 'Working with Wool' upholstery demonstration
- And the MENU residency at Tala not least because we have serious showroom envy; have you seen Tala's space?
Clear the weekend and have a fantastic Open House and London Design Festival! (Beware, you'll need a holiday afterwards there's so much to see and do!)
Until next week, happy shoemaking!